This historical residence, built prior to 1865, was home to Captain David Lester and his family. The house is now owned by the Lester~Brown Foundation, a non profit organization established to preserve the residence as a historical site for the purpose of architectural preservation and to further educate and provide historical awareness for the community. The residence is also available for private functions, weddings, etc, for groups of up to 50 people. Captain Lester was a prominent entrepreneur and citizen of Marine City. He was elected the first president of Marine City in 1865, when the small town was first incorporated, and during his lifetime he held other municipal offices such as trustee and Justice of the Peace. Captain David Lester's most notable contribution to the nautical history of the great lakes was the launching of the VH Ketchum which his shipyard built. On April 16th, 1874, when it was launched at Marine City, it was the largest ship on the Great Lakes at that time. Today the VH Ketchum is still the Flag Ship of the Interlake Steamship Company, Richmond, Ohio, and an oil painting of the vessel hangs in their boardroom. Reservations required.